Thursday, January 6, 2011

You Know You are a Techy Teacher When . . .

According to some of my colleagues:
  • You look at your phone when someone asks you, "What time is it?"
  • Lights go out in the building and you keep teaching using your flashlight app on your phone.
  • You Facebook your To-Do lists so that you can access them later on in the day . . .
  • A Google Docs spreadsheet is shared with parents so they can sign up for volunteering
  • You grab your laptop and carry it with you during a fire drill
  • You need a sedative when your flash drive which contains your lesson plans breaks into pieces
  • You tap your dry erase board to change the page while using an overhead projector
  • Email signature contains your Twitter, Facebook, and blog info
What do you think? What makes a techie teacher? Please add your ideas by commenting!

2 comments:

  1. I have TOTALLY DONE most of those things! Right now I'm teaching second grade non-tech (it's killng me!), and my principal is telling me it's time that i went back to my path - Technology
    here's one to add -
    Your colleague says 'I just got this super new phone, what does it do?' and you immediately grab it out of their hand and start programming everything they want in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you want your kids to write their answer on the SMARTBoard so you ask them to post their answer! Yes I did that and got very funny looks.

    ReplyDelete