Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tagxedo - Word Cloud Creator with some UMPH!

Tagxedo is not just another word cloud creator! It has lots of bells and whistles that some of the others don't have, and we all know that educators like LOUD bells and LOTS of whistles! Upon clicking on the home page of Tagxedo you will see:

Notice, you already have lots of options! My favorite is (1) URL! You can add a web address and make a word cloud out of it, or you can click Start Now in the upper left and put in your own text! Then you have more bells and whistles to choose from!


Here is a picture of this blog in Tagxedo! Of course, I will change some of it because I can! Notice under RESPINS, you have the options to change the color, theme, font, orientation, layout, or all of it! I want my colors to be similar to the colors in my blog, so I can respin until I find them or I can click on the arrow by theme and pick one from a list. Now under options, I go to Word/Layout and choose some words I want to skip (like my initials JAM, comments, and posts).  Last but not least, I want to pick a shape for my word cloud!


For those of you who know me well, you know a coffee cup fits me. However, I imagine you sitting back with a cup of coffee reading this post, and thinking "I want to try this!" Have fun with Tagxedo! Please share in the comment section ideas for using in your classroom.

UPDATE:: A teacher sent me a Tagxedo she did for her classroom that features the Junior High activities of the campus where she teaches. They are known as the Fangs, so the snake shape is appropriate! Just had to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment